Jump navigation

  1. Jump to full-text search
  2. Jump to contents
  3. Jump to main navigation
  4. Jump to service navigation
Page: https://www.hochschule-ruhr-west.de//study/applying-as-an-international-student/exchange-students/
Date: 18.12.2017, 02:09Clock

Exchange Students

Ruhr West is committed to promoting student mobility through university partnerships worldwide. Students of our partner universities abroad are welcome to spend one or more semesters studying at Ruhr West and benefit from a simplified admissions procedure. Likewise, international students from other foreign universities are welcome to come to Ruhr West as non-degree exchange students.

How to apply

Erasmus and other exchange students have to submit their application through the international office of their home university. Hence the first step in the process is contacting your international office to find out whether your university has an agreement with Ruhr West. We have signed Erasmus agreements with a number of European universities. Click here for a list of our current partner universities.

The application form for exchange students is available here.

Language of instruction

The language of instruction at Ruhr West is German. Hence good German skills are an essential prerequisite for coming here as an Erasmus/exchange student. One exception is the International Business Semester (IBS) for domestic and international business students, which is taught entirely in English. Click here for more information about that programme. Although we recommend that IBS participants speak some German, German skills are not required. 


As a public German university, Ruhr West does not charge tuition. However, all students are required to pay a semester fee (currently €297.22 per semester).